Here is a graphic that explains what it does:
The benefits of a self watering planter
- Its reservoir waters and feeds plants 24/7
- Avoids many of the problems associated with soil drying out
- Great for holiday watering
The benefits of the Oasesbox
- It has a large reservoir
- Its wide surface area helps roots absorb oxygen
- No capillary matting needed - as with other systems
There is no doubt that tomato plants grown in a self watering planter, especially the Oasesbox, provide a very good crop.
More details about the Oasesbox here.