- Remove the side shoot from a tall variety or one of the many shoots that grow on a bush plant that is about 3 or 4 inches in length.
- Leave just two leaves on the cutting so that it won't need to support too many leaves.
- Plant in seed compost and keep in a warm shaded place making sure the compost doesn't dry out.
- If the cutting starts to wilt give a spray/mist with water.
- The roots should form in about two weeks.
This is a great way to gain more plants, you'll also find that it will produce flowers more quickly than a similar size plant grown from seed.