Friday 17 April 2009

First Tomato Post of the Season

Well ... I almost decided not to start-up again this season but I couldn't resist it!

My intention this season is to stick mainly to bush, cherry tomato varieties, such as:
Tumbling Tom
Garden Pearl
Red Alert
Maskotka
100's & 1000's
Minibel

To name a few, but I'm also growing a few larger varieties including Oregon Spring.

Around the end of January I sowed a couple of Tumbling Tom seeds and these plants are now flowering along with two red Alert plants that I sowed at the beginning of February. It's best to sow plants that are to be grown outdoors at the end of March - but I just can't help it!

Anyway, if we get some reasonable weather, the first tomatoes should be ready to eat around the end of June.

More about growing tomatoes from my website at: http://www.tomatogrowing.co.uk

No comments: